CMDportal, the 18,000+ user collaborative bond and money market fixed income portal, is pleased to announce the winners in the Green Bond market:
Best Green Bond Issuer: International Bank of Reconstruction and Development (World Bank)
Runner Up: KfW
Best Green Bond Dealer: Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Runner Up: JP Morgan
Most Innovative Green Bond: Münchener Hypothekenbank
Green Bond of the Year: International Finance Corporation
Best Green Private Placement Dealer: Landesbank Baden-Württemberg
Best Green Bond Fund: Kames Capital
- Green bond issuance in 2014 totalled USD36.6bn. The bulk of this came from the Sovereign, Supranational and Agency (SSA) sector, which raised USD17.2bn. Corporates raised around USD12.5bn.
- In 2013, issuance totalled USD11.0bn, which is less than a third of 2014’s activity. In 2015, new issuance is expected to reach USD100bn. So far this year, USD395m has been issued.
- The biggest green bond issued in 2014 came from corporate issuer GDF Suez, which printed a EUR2.5bn dual-tranche green bond maturing in 6 years and 8 years. KfW issued the largest bond in the SSA sector, printing a EUR1.5bn 5yr deal in July.
- The SSA sector issued the first green bonds of the year – the European Investment Bank (EIB) printed a EUR350m November 2019 green bond on the 13th of January, and the World Bank issued a USD550m July 2015 green bond on the 14th of January. The EIB has also opened 2015’s market, with a EUR250m November 2026 green bond tap.
The 2015 CMDportal Debt Capital Markets Awards credit the best performances of Issuers, Dealers and Investors in the fixed income market in the previous 12 months. Winners are decided on in three stages:
- an online poll, where voting was open to a global audience of over 18,000 registered fixed income professionals,
- league table ranking, and
- extensive interviews with the nominees.