Friday 3 May 2019
What is the size of the European Commercial Paper and Certificates of Deposit market? How does it compare to the US Commercial Paper market? We compared data from 1st of May and 3rd of April and calculated how the two markets moved over the last month.
What is the size of the European Commercial Paper and Certificates of Deposit Market?
On Wednesday, the 1st of May 2019, the outstanding amount of European Commercial Paper (CP) and Certificates of Deposit (CD) made a monthly decrease of USD8.3bn to USD1.28tn. This figure includes Euro Commercial Paper (ECP), French (NEU CP) and German CP and CD.
Discover more about the split of the Euro CP market below.
- The outstanding amount of ECP made a monthly decrease of 0.90% to USD947bn.
- The outstanding amount of NEU CP made a monthly increase of 0.61% to USD282.5bn.
- The outstanding amount of German CP/CD made a monthly decrease of 2.18% to USD20.8bn.
The main reason behind this decrease is the drop in SSA ECP. Their outstanding amount dropped USD15bn or 5.47 MoM. Corporate Sector outstanding amount, on the other hand, went up by USD8.3bn.
What is the size of the US Commercial Paper and Certificates of Deposit (USCP) Market?
On Wednesday, the 1st of May 2019, the outstanding amount of US Commercial Paper made a monthly increase of 1.23% or USD13.2bn to USD1.089.3tn. This figure includes Nonfinancial and Financial, Nondomestic and Domestic USCP.
Discover more about the split of the USCP market below. As of 1st of May:
- The outstanding amount of Nonfinancial Domestic USCP was USD237bn, down 1.94% MoM.
- The outstanding amount of Nonfinancial Nondomestic USCP was USD63bn, up 11.7% MoM.
- The outstanding amount of Financial Domestic USCP was USD258.2bn, up 1.69% MoM.
- The outstanding amount of Financial Nondomestic USCP was USD283.8bn, up 3.05% MoM.
Where is this data coming from?
CMDportal is the global Bond and Money Market data utility connecting issuers, dealers and investors. The service aggregates data from a wide range of sources, including issuers, dealers and fund investors recording who issued, who traded and who bought the instruments. USCP data is sourced from the Federal Reserve. NEU CP data is sourced from Banque de France. In the CMDPortal database all issuers are converted into USD upon trade date.
Can I produce a Debt Capital Market (DCM) statistical query like this?
Yes you can. CMDportal provides a wide range of tools to analyse Bond and Money Markets. Commercial paper and certificates of deposit market issuance and redemptions data can be produced using the Data Sheet for monthly, quarterly and yearly ranges. Data Sheet results can be downloaded as an XLS file. Data trends are also available for SSA, FIG, Corporate as well as Asset Backed Commercial Paper Issuers. Trial the service or contact email@example.com to learn more.