Monday 1 April 2019
What is the size of the European Commercial Paper and Certificates of Deposit (ECP) Market?
On Wednesday, the 27th of March 2019, the outstanding amount of European Commercial Paper (CP) and Certificates of Deposit (CD) made a monthly increase of USD18.9bn to USD1.29tn. This figure includes Euro Commercial Paper (ECP), French (NEU CP) and German CP and CD.
Discover more about the split of the Euro CP market below.
- The outstanding amount of ECP made a monthly increase of 2.1% to USD973bn.
- The outstanding amount of NEU CP made a monthly increase of 0.19% to USD268.1bn.
- The outstanding amount of German CP/CD made a monthly increase of 6% to USD13bn.
SSA and Corporate issuers in the ECP market boosted their outstanding amounts by 8% and 3%, respectively, over the last month, being the most significant contributor of the overall increase in the Euro Commercial Paper Market.
What is the size of the US Commercial Paper and Certificates of Deposit (USCP) Market?
On Wednesday, the 27th of March 2019, the outstanding amount of US Commercial Paper made a monthly decrease of 0.77% or USD8.5bn to USD1.089tn. This figure includes Nonfinancial and Financial, Nondomestic and Domestic USCP.
Discover more about the split of the USCP market below.
- The outstanding amount of Nonfinancial Domestic USCP was USD239.9bn, down 0.17% MoM.
- The outstanding amount of Nonfinancial Nondomestic USCP was USD59.8bn, down 4% MoM.
- The outstanding amount of Financial Domestic USCP was USD257.9bn, down 3% MoM.
- The outstanding amount of Financial Nondomestic USCP was USD281.2bn, down 1.33% MoM.
Where is this data coming from?
CMDportal is the global Bond and Money Market data utility connecting issuers, dealers and investors. The service aggregates data from a wide range of sources, including issuers, dealers and fund investors recording who issued, who traded and who bought the instruments. USCP data is sourced from the Federal Reserve. NEU CP data is sourced from Banque de France. In the CMDPortal database all issuers are converted into USD upon trade date.
Can I produce a Debt Capital Market (DCM) statistical query like this?
Yes you can. CMDportal provides a wide range of tools to analyse Bond and Money Markets. Commercial paper and certificates of deposit market issuance and redemptions data can be produced using the Data Sheet for monthly, quarterly and yearly ranges. Data Sheet results can be downloaded as an XLS file. Data trends are also available for SSA, FIG, Corporate as well as Asset Backed Commercial Paper Issuers. Trial the service or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.