Introduction to Green, Social, and Sustainability (GSS) Bonds
29 Apr, 2021 10:00 to 30 Apr, 2021 13:30 @ London, United Kingdom
Green bonds which finance projects with environmental benefits have passed the $1trillion dollar milestone for the amount issued since the first ever green bond in 2007. Fast growth in this market sector is driving unprecedented demand for skilled professionals and for targeted training in the fundamentals of the products and the application of the Green and Social Bond Principles, the foundation for green and social bond issuance.
Like the classroom course, our livestreamed option gives you a deep understanding of the mechanics of green, social and sustainability bonds, taking you from the big picture policy context to introducing the underlying drivers of market development, main product features and regulation. We will talk about the Green and Social Bond Principles, the Sustainability Bond Guidelines and the new Sustainability-Linked Bond Principles and explain how they work in practice, including evaluation and selection of eligible projects for funding, the role of external reviewers and guidance on reporting. The course is illustrated with examples from the market, getting you ready to apply the knowledge at work and includes quiz questions for each module to ensure you're following the content.
By completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify recent trends and potential future developments and opportunities for green, social and sustainability bonds
- Discuss why the market matters and how it works
- Understand foundation skills for taking part in the GSS bond market - how and why to align with and apply the Principles, including:
- Benefits of GSS bonds and developing the positioning in your organisation
- Decision-makers: Identifying who is relevant
- Strategy: Alignment with overall corporate / environmental strategy
- Regulation: The Principles’ importance in regulatory trends
- Players: Mapping leading market players
- Identify principles aligned issuance framework: 4 pillars of GSS bonds
- Define green and social: Types of projects eligible for GSS bonds
- Recognise reporting frameworks: Recommendations and practice in reporting, including allocation and impact reports, and templates offered by the GBP SBP
- Understand external reviews and other services: The role and value-added of service providers, notably external reviews foreseen by the GBP SBP and increasingly by regulators
- Identify perspectives and roles of the key players in the GSS bond market including –regulators, investors, underwriters, issuers, external reviewers including rating agencies, stock exchanges, data and index providers.
Who should attend?
- Firms who are looking to issue or invest in green, social and sustainability bonds
- Market professionals involved in underwriting, research or professional services for sustainable bonds; this includes capital markets lawyers, external reviewers including rating agencies, stock exchanges, data and index providers official sector representatives promoting, supervising or developing policies on sustainable finance
- Press, academics and other professionals with an interest in sustainable finance and the merits of sustainable bond markets
Get greater participation for your DCM events by listing them on the Events Calendar.
Target your debt capital market events by posting them for FREE on CMDportal; the largest institutional fixed income network globally.
All approved posts will be included in our daily email to the largest institutional fixed income network globally and be listed on our public DCM Events calendar.
Issuers can post capital market days.
Dealers and Investors can post conferences, training, webinars.
This is how you do that:
- Click on the Add Event button and specify the following:
Event Type: select from Training, Conference, Webinar, Event.
- Tag: Select one tag that applies. If you wish a different tag, then make a comment about this in the Comments box.
- Subject: Enter the name of your event.
- Message Body: Enter who the event is for and why they should attend.
- Further Info URL: add the url where users can book access to the event.
- Start/End Date/Country specify when and where the event is happening.
- Tick receive notifications and email yourself a copy.
- Add any person that should be linked to the post under recipient email.